The sustainable commitment of Lluch Essence is unquestionable, understanding sustainability as the ability to endure and guarantee present requirements without compromising future requirements, placing at the center of the strategy the three areas of impact or dimensions of value creation: people, planet and prosperity, aligned with the framework of action of the 2030 Agenda and the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and the 2030 Agenda.
Lluch Essence is conscious of the impact caused by the product of its activity, which is why it works as a team to establish an effective environmental strategy aligned with the objectives and values of the company. Currently the environmental management system of the company is through ISO 14001, a tool that helps to integrate environmental care in the overall management of the company, in the same way, Lluch Essence has an environmental policy that includes the principles and values to which it is committed, summarized in the following commitments:
- Adopt the necessary measures to ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and other voluntary commitments.
- Prevent, control and minimize the environmental impact of the activity on the environment. To opt for those investments or optimization of resources that allow for sustainable growth.
- Commit to reduce energy consumption, waste, waste disposal and emissions in its activity, also being part of the important global effort to create a more environmentally friendly society.
- Participate proactively in associations and other interest groups that promote initiatives that contribute to greater environmental awareness and the improvement of production processes based on sustainable resource management.
- Training, sensitizing and involving the entire team to develop and apply actions that minimize environmental impact in their daily activities, promoting the responsible use of natural resources.
- To adopt the necessary measures to prevent environmental risks, especially serious accidents, and to limit their consequences on the environment.
Below, we present the actions implemented in 2022:
- Lluch Essence uses the methodology described by the GHG protocol to quantify its Carbon Footprint, taking into account the direct emissions of its facilities, such as those generated by the facilities and company vehicles (Scope I), and those indirect emissions from the generation of electricity purchased (Scope II). It also quantifies the activities outside the boundaries of the organization, which corresponds to purchases of Goods and Services, Waste and Company Travel (Scope III).
- Lluch Essence quantifies and sets annual targets for the following environmental indicators: pollutant emissions, percentage of waste sent to landfill, percentage of renewable energy consumption, percentage of renewable energy generated, percentage of hazardous waste generated, etc. (annual record).
- Lluch Essence was founded with the mission of ensuring its stakeholders an uninterrupted supply of the best products, guaranteeing the highest standards of safety and quality, traceability and operational excellence. With the purpose of driving the flavor and fragrance sector towards a sustainable future, Lluch Essence has a portfolio of ecological, natural and sustainable products, all of them certified by CCPAE and ECOCERT.
- Lluch Essence prioritizes raw materials that do not come from endangered or endangered species, such as palm oil. It also prioritizes that suppliers working with this product are RSPO certified, for a sustainable use of palm oil.
- Lluch Essence has redesigned the secondary sample packaging and the 1 kg secondary packaging by implementing eco-design criteria. The final result is a secondary packaging with a lower environmental impact and a mono-material structure (100% cardboard) promoting the correct separation and recyclability of the packaging.
- Lluch Essence is working on replacing all the laboratory clothing used (coats, pants and gowns) with a more sustainable alternative from an environmental and social point of view. Through the Roure Foundation's solidarity sewing workshop, Lluch Essence's new lab uniform was made from 65% PET polyester and 35% organic cotton. Thus contributing to the reduction of environmental impact and promoting employment for people at risk of social exclusion.
- Lluch Essence installed atomizers in all the sanitary water faucets, whose main function is to reduce the water flow and increase the outlet pressure. This small change saves between 40-60% of water consumption.
- Lluch Essence installed 3 new recycling points this 2022:
- Recycling garbage cans, which are divided into three fractions (paper, rest and packaging) thus facilitating the recycling of these elements.
- Coffee capsule recycling.
- Battery collection point.
In 2022, Lluch Essence was certified for the first time with ISO 14001, thus confirming its commitment to environmental protection, aligning all the initiatives that have been implemented with the aim of reducing and minimizing the impacts of its activity on the natural environment.
ISO 14001 certification is a tool that helps to integrate environmental care into the overall management of the company, offering the possibility of systematizing the environmental aspects generated in each of the activities carried out in the organization. On the other hand, we currently have a work team focused on planning and carrying out actions and projects related to sustainability.
Lluch Essence understands that it is essential to have indicators that certify in an external and partial way the responsible and ethical management of the business activity, as well as to ensure transparency and reliability of good practices and data shown, which is why it has the following indicators:
- Ecovadis: Lluch Essence responds annually to the EcoVadis evaluation questionnaire, the final score is calculated based on 21 CSR criteria in the following areas: Environment, Social, Business Ethics and Responsible Purchasing. In 2022, Lluch Essence has obtained a score of 61/100, obtaining the Silver medal, this score places us above the average score of the companies evaluated by EcoVadis in our sector.
- SEDEX: This is one of the world's leading ethical trade organizations, working with companies to improve labor conditions in global supply chains. They provide an online platform, tools and services to help companies operate responsibly and sustainably, protect workers (health, safety and labor standards) and source ethically. As part of Lluch Essence's transparency policy, we share our report with our customers through the SEDEX platform: ZC131445924.
- Likewise, in 2022, Lluch Essence started using the B Corp assessment tool to understand and manage its impact. This tool helps internal management to be aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals and other international sustainability standards (GRI, IRIS), offering a 360° diagnosis of the company's social and environmental performance.